Lindsey DevinCounty Commissioner
- I oversee the running of Girlguiding Edinburgh
- I have been a guiding member since 2014
- My favourite guiding memory is taking the Guides to the Tartan Gig
Jessie CraigChair of Business Management & Finance
- I am responsible for advising the County Commissioner and executive team on matters relating to property, finance, insurance, staffing, legal issues, and health and safety
- I have been a guiding member since 2008
- My favourite guiding memory is taking part in International Jamborees with a mixture of Guides and Rangers
Ann UrquhartCounty Outdoor Activity Advisor
- I oversee all things outdoors, which includes organising meetings and events, supporting and advising members locally and within our team, Going Away With Scheme mentoring, keeping accounts and records, etc.
- I have been a guiding member since 1988
- My favourite guiding memory is the Beacon event we held at Trefoil campsite on 4 June, 2012, for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
Steph MlotCounty Marketing & Communications Advisor
- I shout about Girlguiding Edinburgh on social media and handle the website
- I have been a guiding member since 2014
- My favourite guiding memory is attending my first King’s Theatre pantomime
Jillian PaulinChair of guiding Delivery
Kirsty LewisLead volunteer for Growth
- I work to attract new volunteers and members to Girlguiding Edinburgh and retain current members.
- I joined Brownies in 1980, and returned as an adult volunteer in 2009.
- One of my favourite memories was the Big Brownie Birthday celebrations at the National Museum of Scotland. Having around 1,700 Brownies together in one place enjoying the silent disco, crafts, and many other activities that had been organised—it was a sight to behold!
Lesley WilsonOffice/Finance Administrator
- My role entails providing admin and finance support to ensure Girlguiding Edinburgh meets its vision, aims, and objectives.
- I have been in guiding as a leader in Edinburgh for almost 20 years.
- So difficult to choose just one favourite Guiding memory, but personally, I will never forget my adult INTOPS (International Opportunities) trip to Cambodia, which was a personal challenge for my 50th birthday in 2017. So many great memories of seeing girls from my Guide unit go on to become adult leaders.
Maria LaskowskaGrowth, Events, Membership Coordinator
- I do my best to ensure that recruitment of volunteers and young members is effectively managed on GO and promoted within Edinburgh.
- I joined Girlguiding together with my daughter in 2019 as a parent helper and have had lots of fun with her Rainbows and Brownies units since!
- One of my favourite memories was making mini campfires in sieves and making s’mores for the first time. It wasn’t just the girls who REALLY enjoyed them.
Sophie WrightLGBTQ+ Inclusion Advisor
- I promote LGBTQ+ inclusion across Girlguiding Edinburgh and support all members in accessing advise and training to help make Girlguiding Edinburgh a safe and inclusive organisation
- I have been a guiding member since 2005
- My favourite guiding memory is doing the MoonWalk 2022 with the 148th Guide leaders in memory of Jennifer Hamilton
Amy Harrison-BlaneyLead Volunteer for Concerns
- I manage any concerns or complaints that come into the county; I am also happy to provide support and advice
- I have been a guiding member since 2002
- My favourite guiding memories are the two international trips I took to Switzerland and Haarlem for the Jamboree
Leigh SkivingtonInternational Advisor
- I promote international opportunities and support units within the county to attend international adventures.
- I joined Girlguiding in 1993 as a Brownie. I left for a couple of years, later returning to guiding as an adult leader.
- My favourite guiding memory (so far) was leading a Scottish INTOPS trip to Denmark in 2017, where we took part in an International Jamboree with 35,000 participants. We got to meet new people and experience new things.
Anne MackintoshLead volunteer for Events
- I organise county events for Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Rangers, Young Leaders, and adult volunteers.
- I joined Girlguding as a Brownie in 1965.
- My favourite guiding memory was spending the day at Netherurd with our president, Sophie, now the Duchess of Edinburgh, at the Centenary Camp, and holding her handbag while she planted a tree.
Susan BrownDisability Inclusions Advisor
Rhona SmithDisability Inclusions Advisor
Bryony GauldDuke of Edinburgh Advisor for Edinburgh City
- My role involves many tasks, including supporting young members to achieve their DofE Award at the Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels.
- I joined as a Rainbow—so possibly 1997 (I think).
- When I think of Girlguiding, I think of all the leaders who have inspired me and the friends I have met. There is not one moment in Girlguiding, but instead my fondest memories are of those who have shaped the person I am today.