Edinburgh Gang Show
The 2023 Edinburgh Gang Show is back on the crest of a wave from 14-18 November at the Festival Theatre.
More than 250 young people from South East Scotland Scouts and Girlguiding Edinburgh will entertain audiences with show-stopping musical items, incredible ensemble choreography, and stunning individual performances.
This large-scale variety show features young people from Scouting and Girlguiding across Edinburgh. It has been running annually at the King’s Theatre and, more recently, Festival Theatre, in Edinburgh since 1960, and is recognised as one of the biggest and most popular Gang Shows in the UK.
We encourage all members of Girlguiding Edinburgh to come along and enjoy a night at the theatre while supporting the cast of Brownies, Guides, and Rangers.
Tickets are now on sale!
WHAT: Edinburgh Gang Show 2023
WHEN: Tuesday, 14 Nov. – Saturday, 18 Nov.
WHERE: Festival Theatre
COST: Tickets from £14
You may reserve now and pay later; ask the box office staff for details.
Find out more about the History of Edinburgh Gang Show.
Programme Ideas Based on a Visit to Gang Show
Rainbows & Brownies
- Create ‘Good Luck’ cards to send to cast members
- Design a poster to advertise a show
- Learn a song and perform it to others
Brownies & Guides
- Find out about the history of Edinburgh Gang Show and present a report
- Design a costume for a performance in the show
- Devise a comedy sketch and perform it to your unit
- Think about famed Gang Show song ‘We’ve Got a Lot to be Thankful For’ and discuss what you are thankful for in your life
- Write a review of the show; give it a star rating out of five; send it to the Gang Show Marketing Team
- Research various styles of dancing, then choose one and perform a routine
- Construct a model theatre
- Based on elements and themes from the show, ‘re-stage’ items and present to an invited audience in December
- Take over your unit’s social media account and create content about your trip to Gang Show
Q: What’s the point of Gang Show? It’s just a show.
A: It’s so much more…
Developing the skills to succeed: Whether it’s singing, dancing, comedy, or acting, our members have amazing skills they want to share in a show full of energy and show-stopping moments. We are developing our young people in theatre and performance technique, as well as building confidence, resilience, leadership, independence, and teamwork that will stand our young people in good stead whatever their futures hold.
Building connections: Bringing together people from differing backgrounds from across the region, we’re creating connections and collaborations that we hope will last to build a strong future for our show.
Skills for life: We know Gang Show actively engages and supports young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society. It gives young people the skills to achieve the remarkable and opportunities to develop a deeper understanding of our rapidly changing world. We aim to have a positive impact on society with our members more physically active, leading healthier lifestyles, and with the courage to try new things. We want to develop the skills to succeed regardless of academic ability and develop happy, resilient, and confident people who are responsible leaders and team players. We want our members to be active citizens in society who can develop strong friendships, with care, trust, and respect for others from all backgrounds.
Singing and acting are excellent for training in self-expression. Also, they mean good teamwork, everyone learning [their] part and doing it well, not for applause for [themself], but for the success of the whole show.” — Robert Baden Powell