Going Away

The Outdoor Team can assist with residential experiences for everyone in the County – for Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Rangers and Leaders. We offer training opportunities to help leaders gain residential qualifications.

The Going Away With (GAW) Licence provides a very flexible system for building up qualifications and you don’t need to complete all the modules to take your girls away. Which modules you need depends on what you want to do and where you want to go.

If you are planning to start working towards your Going Away With Licence, additional modules in the GAW Scheme, Catering qualification or Ranger Permit (for those under 19) you need to complete this form before you get started Residential Qualifications – Notification Form

Timescales will vary depending on your skills and experience and the qualification you wish to gain. If this form could be submitted at least 6 months before you plan to be assessed for a qualification this should allow sufficient time to have a mentor/s appointed, meet with the mentor/s, assess and meet training needs etc. The Outdoor Team want to ensure you get the correct support to allow you to gain the qualification. You should not book a venue until your mentor/s says you can make the booking.

If you have a Guide who wants to start working on her Guide Camp Permit (GCP) she needs to complete and submit this form: GCP notification 2022

Girls take what they do in guiding with them as they grow up. Everything from working in a team, to taking the lead, to speaking out on issues they care about. It helps them develop the skills and confidence to become the young women they want to be. ’